A dear blogger, one Miss Ruby, nominated me for a Liebster Award Nomination! This wonderful award is meant to build a community of bloggers who have something to say but could use more publicity so others can read their words and thoughts. I cannot thank Ruby enough. Make sure to check out her blog at: VRAIGEMMEROUGE
And with this post comes the shame and “tail-between-my-legs” moment exclusively reserved for belated birthday cards. Ruby nominated me…
On December 30th.
I know I know. How long is Katelyn going to use the moving to New York excuse? Life has been complicated. I haven’t been my regimented blogging self. But no more excuses. Let’s get to the rules of the award:
- Thank and link the person/people who nominated you.
- Display the Liebster Award and the rules.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Write 11 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers (who have less than 200 followers).
- Write 11 new questions for your nominees.
So here goes:
Why did you start blogging?
I started a blog when I left the country to study abroad in Copenhagen. That was 2011. Since then, I’ve continued writing as the blog followed me back to college, across the world to the Philippines and most recently on my European backpacking excursion. And now in 2015 its continued to be a way to share my voice and thoughts with my friends, family and online admirers. Just kidding.
How did you come up with the name of your blog?
This can be summed up in my About Me. I was born with 12 twelve toes like those little mutant alien babies you see in sci-fi movies. After my surgery at eleven months old, I became a “normal” ten toed individual. People always ask me: why didn’t you keep them? Well for one thing I was eleven months old and didn’t have much say in the matter. And more specifically…because shoe shopping.
What is your favorite to thing to write about, especially if you don’t have to post it?
My favorite thing? That’s a good question. I guess my favorite topic is whatever I’m thinking or feeling in a given moment. Too often I find this one idea bouncing around in my head. It’s not until I can write it out–get those whispers out on paper–that I can really understand and hash out those intangible ideas.
What are the three things you think you will still be using in 10 years?
1. Hair ties- I hate those little static pieces of hair flying in my face.
2. Flour-No good dessert would be complete without it.
3. Pen & Paper- My journal sits by my bed and I can’t imagine recording my thoughts in anything else.
What is your five-year plan in only three sentences?
I plan to be 30. I plan to have a minor freakout when I arrive at that scary, terrifying age. I plan to be doing something I love or doing nothing with someone I love.
If you could be anywhere in 7 seconds, where would you be?
New Zealand. A plane across the world in 7 seconds? Sign me up.
What is your biggest pet peeve and how do you think that came about?
Arrogance. I think it came from my father. Everyone deserves to be confident, speak at the table and stand for their beliefs. But no one should think or feel that their position or opinion is better or superior than another. It’s just not cool. World peace, people.
If you could only have one of either time, years or money, which would you choose?
I’m not sure what the difference is between time and years but I’d have to choose time. It sounds more romantic. And then I’d be able to travel throughout Asia and not use any of my PTO.
What would the color of your dream car be? (You don’t need to state the dream car)
Black. With a hint of glitter. Just a hint.
If you had a pet giraffe, what would you name it?
What is the one non-physical quality you love about yourself and why?
My sense of humor. I can’t promise that I’m funny all the time. And there are moments when no one gets my jokes. But nonetheless, I always crack me up and there’s no harm in being your best audience. Audience of one. Thank you, thank you, I’ll be here for the rest of my life.
Eleven Facts About Myself:
- Sometimes I wonder what I would look like as a blond. It’s terrifying. Don’t do it.
- I believe in fate. And perspiration.
- My dream is to own my own company with my best friends. They know who they are.
- I love carbs in all forms.
- I’m an only child AND a functioning member of society.
- Twitter overwhelms me but I give it a below average effort.
- My parents are the best people in my entire life.
- Most emotional movies make me cry. Include 13 Going On 30 on that list.
- I hate being wrong.
- I love putting on my apron and baking a wonderfully decadent dessert.
- I believe public libraries are necessary for world peace.
- Travel Junkie Photography
- Jess at Ordinary Girl, Extraordinary Dreamer
- Allie at Why Knot
- Allison at All Shook Up
- Evelyn and Steve at Wanderlets
- Hallie at Corals & Cognacs
- Small Town Girls, Midnight Trains
- Andrea at Cooking With A Wallflower
- Journey Around the World
- Natalia at Natalia Maks
- Beth at Egantargaryen
Here are your eleven questions:
- Why did you first start blogging?
- Who/what inspires your writing?
- Name one of your favorite sunset/sunrise memories.
- If you had a year off to travel the world, where would you go first?
- Where did the name of your blog come from?
- If you could learn a new skill or language, what would it be?
- Describe your face in a haiku.
- Name three people who have changed you for the better.
- Describe your best homemade meal.
- What’s the title of your first novel?
- What will your future self say when asked about his/her life?